Structural Engineer I (0-4 years experience):
The successful candidate will perform detailed structural engineering analysis and design under the direction of a senior Professional Engineer, participating in all project phases from concept selection through implementation. The candidate will use a combination of linear structural analysis software packages and hand calculations to design custom steel solutions which will be fabricated and tested at our facility prior to mobilization. Projects will include platform based riser and umbilical installations/removals, material handling, and temporary/permanent skids among others. The successful candidate will be provided with the opportunity to learn and strengthen his/her blank sheet steel design skills in a fast paced, hands-on environment.
• Ability to create and analyze structural models using computer software
• Ability to perform hand calculations for welded and bolted connections
• Ability to author technical reports for client and regulatory body review
• Knowledge of the AISC Steel Manual
• Ability to work with a project team of supervisors and peers
• Positive attitude and a strong desire to learn
• 4-year degree in Civil/Structural Engineering (Master’s Degree preferred)
• A desire to obtain a Texas Professional Engineer License
• Ability to travel to offshore oil platforms for site visits
• Flexible work schedule and remote work available for eligible employees.
Versabar is a recognized worldwide leader and pioneer in the development and application of heavy
lifting solutions primarily servicing the offshore oil and gas industry. Versabar’s staff of highly skilled
employees delivers custom solutions for some of the most difficult challenges facing the industry today.
Versabar offers turnkey engineering by providing field services, engineering, drafting, fabrication, full
scale testing, weighing, and rigging from offices in Houston and New Orleans. Versabar designs and
builds in America, and ships the solution to the customer’s door anywhere in the world (above or below
Please send resumes to email@example.com